Get your Professional Cookery NVQ and
Learn to become a master chef
in our professional training kitchens.
Hospitality, Professional Cookery, Work-Based Learning.
City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ in Professional Cookery; RSPH Level 2 Health & Safety Certificate; RSPH Level 2 Food Safety Certificate; City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Principles of Nutrition in Food Production.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Professional Cookery NVQ course is a craft diploma. It builds the foundation for a career as a professional chef and allows you to develop across all areas of professional expertise. You will learn the essential cooking skills needed by chefs, cooking and presenting a range of food items in the various cookery methods which include:
- Prepare and cook stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare and cook fruit and vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and offal
- Prepare and cook poultry
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
- Prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains, and egg dishes.
- Prepare hot and cold dessert and puddings
- Produce paste products
- Produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
- Prepare fermented dought products dishes.
Are you a young cooking enthusiast girl aged between 18-24 years?
Do you love experimenting with classic recipes and adding your own unique touch? Perhaps you’re considering taking a break from the academic path for now and focusing on honing your culinary skills?
Or would you like to practice, feeling that university is not your road just yet?
If this sounds like you, then our Professional Cookery NVQ program might just be the perfect fit! Join us and take your cooking skills to the next level!
- You are an UK student or you have a British passport.
- You have GCSE English and Maths at least 4+ grade. However, each application will be considered on individual merit.
- You have completed a day try out at Lakefield.
- You had a successful interview.
- You have two references.
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are a qualification in competency style.
This means that assessment will be by practical skills testing, observation and theory-based exams.
The total cost of the course is £2050.
You will be required to purchase chefs whites, knife set, and textbooks before the start of the course. Details will be sent out once you have been offered the place.